Tiger System Preferences

Saturday, November 26, 2005

New Spanish Version

Today I have worked for more than 4 hours to bring Tiger System Preferences to a higher customization level. I have made all labels customizable, and not only the ones for the 6 custom icons. This change add 48 new lines of code to the project and forced me to create 2 new background files from scratch and completelly clean (without icons, labels or headers) in order to accomodate the new labels.

I have also linked the search box with Windows search utility, but unfortunatelly it does not transfer the text typed on the textbox to the search window and there is nothing I can do about it at the moment. This change added 15 new lines of code to the project as well as a new module.

But the biggest update I made today was a close-to 90% Spanish version of it, to satisfy requests from my friends at Macthink. I say close to 90% because there are elements of the program that will stay in English, such as tooltips, the About screen, the menu, and the Show All button. I could make those in Spanish, but that would mean creating the whole project for a second time and I don't want to do that at the moment. So I hope people like what I did to make the Spanish version possible: a separate Skin INI file that contains the label names in Spanish. Here is a screenshot of what is done in the Spanish update:

3 Comments:

  • Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 AM  

  • Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 PM  

  • Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home